MCS Cobra Cross Country 2018
Welcome to the MCS Cobra Cross Country Team!
This year's coaches are Mr. Wilson, Mr. Coleman, Mr. Kittelson and Mrs. Strachan. If you have any questions or concerns regarding cross country, please feel free to contact us at the school at 306-728-4181 or via text at 306-728-6972 (Mr. Wilson), 306-730-8602 (Mr. Coleman), 306-748-0010 (Mr. Kittleson) or 306-730-7456 (Mrs. Strachan).
Practices and General Information:
Who: All are welcome; no experience needed. Come out and have fun running!
- Equipment needed: a pair of running shoes and comfortable work out clothing.
- Fees: Athletes fees for meets are paid for by the school.
- Meals and drinks: Athletes are encouraged to pack their own healthy lunches, drinks and
snacks for Meets, but may purchase food there. Drink plenty of water to hydrate yourself
throughout the day, especially prior to race day. Chocolate milk is a great way to replenish
your electrolytes after you run. Sports drinks tend to have a lot of sugar in them and are not
recommended. Eat plenty of veggies and fruit along with a balanced diet including protein,
carbs and whole grains. A healthy diet will go far to fuel your runsJ
- Practices: will be held as often as possible. A monthly calendar with dates and times will
handed out as soon as the team decides when they'd like to practice.
- Athletes wishing to change at the school must do so prior to practice as practices will start on
- Athletes are reminded to lock their belongings in their gym lockers to prevent theft.
- Athletes are meant to meet at the outdoor basketball courts on the north side of the school.
- Athletes wishing to compete in the cross country meets are strongly encouraged to attend all
practices with the team.
Cross Country is a demanding sport that involves strenuous physical activity under a wide variety of conditions. Although reasonable precautions are taken to ensure the safety of the athletes, the possibility of injury does exist. We, therefore, ask all student athletes to complete and return the Athlete Information Form to Mr. Wilson, Mr. Coleman or Mrs. Strachan before they are allowed to compete!
Cross Country Meets are as follows:
Thursday, Sept. 13th: Cherrydale run for peace @ Cherrydale Golf Course Yorkton
Monday, Sept. 17th: Deer Park Run @ Deer Park Golf Course
Sunday, Sept. 23rd: Prairie Summit @ Buffalo Pound Provincial Park
Friday, Sept. 28th: Autumn Summit @ Saltcats Regional park
Sunday, Sept. 30th: Colour run @ Yorkdale Central School
Thursday, Oct. 4th: East Central Districts @ Cherrydale Golf Course Yorkton
Saturday, Oct. 13th: Provincial @ Delisle Golf course
Sunday, Oct. 14th: Deadfall 50 Trail Race @ Echo Valley Prov Park
2018 Cross Country Team:
Liberty Waldbauer Jordyn Bear Kalynn Hodgins
Taylor Kirwan Kyla Bear Halle Bowles
Lecina Gray Reauna Blight M.A.
Brooke Bassingthwaite McKenna Davis
Aiden Atkins Heather Fiske
Summer McKay Anica Gaithoer
Logan Halarewich Taylor Halarewich
Carter Dumelie Allison Hayhurst
Drew Martinook Megan Hayhurst
Ava Metzger Cheyenne Jamieson
Tayton LaPierre Tamara Knapp
Karter Fredriksen Starla Mann
Damien Eskowich Tori McNabb
Riley Glaicar Ava Metzger
Tori McNabb J.N.
Janae Neufeld Kailey Ottenbreit
Kaitlyn Krieger Sadie Rabiej
Lizzie Bjorgan Samantha Thompson