Deadline Date: Friday, May 31, 2019 (unless stated otherwise)
01. BARTAKE MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP - $300.00
Awarded to a graduating student who is enrolling in the College of Education.
02. MELVILLE KINSMEN SCHOLARSHIP - $1,000.00
The Melville Kinsmen Club works to better the community, enhance the well-being of its citizens and improve the environment. The association boasts a proud history dedicated to fostering life-long friendships while "Serving The Community's Greatest Need."
The scholarship is available to any graduating student attending post-secondary education at a University or a Technical school. This award is available to an individual who exemplifies the core values of the Kinsmen, which include; excellence, integrity, accountability, compassion, pride, fellowship and inclusiveness. Preference will be given, but not limited to, current Kin Club members' kids.
Please submit an application along with how you represent the core values of Kinsmen.
03. WILLIAM HOFFMAN MEMORIAL - $400.00
Must be an outstanding student who intends to teach physical training/coaching or a student whose intention it is to become a sports broadcaster.
04. KINETTE FINE ARTS AWARD - $250.00
Awarded to any student who pursues a related field to Fine Arts: Interior Design, Architecture, Commercial Art, Modelling School, Design School, etc.
05. J. J. HOFFMAN MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP - $1,000.00
Awarded to the outstanding graduating student who intends to enter the teaching profession majoring in History or English. The foregoing condition is mandatory.
06. MELVILLE WINTER GAMES SCHOLARSHIP - $400.00
Awarded to any student entering their first year of post-secondary studies leading to a degree, diploma or certificate in an acceptable university or technical school in the following fields of study: recreation, culture, fine arts and health sciences. Formal application must include:
- The post-secondary institution being attended.
- A complete resume.
- A personal description of what they feel are their positive qualities as an individual.
07. DR. BREE ROGOZA SCHOLARSHIP - $200.00
Awarded to a graduate who plans to enter any health care related field, especially optometry. Academic strength, school and community involvement are prerequisites.
08 HERO AWARD - In memory of Lucian Trace Williamson - $350.00
This award is in memory of Lucian and his young journey with Leukemia. Even with extraordinary circumstances Lucian's life of 2 years, 2 months and 2 days, Lucian showed courage, honor and endless love in people and community. Any graduate may apply. No restrictions or conditions.
09. MATTHEWS FUNERAL HOME SCHOLARSHIP - $500.00
This scholarship is to awarded to a graduate who intends to pursue a career in the healing or caring arts, i.e. medicine, nursing, dentistry, therapy, clinical psychology, optometry, pharmacy, funeral service, ministry, social work, EMT/paramedical.
Applications must be made to the MCS Awards Committee. Candidates should have strong academic standing and potential, but must also display attributes that are deemed important to success in the chosen field: strong moral and ethical character, a high degree of commitment and an overall healthy attitude. The committee will take all of these factors into consideration when selecting the recipient.
10. SOLVEIG AND REGINALD DICKINS MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP - $1,000.00
This scholarship is awarded to a graduating student who is continuing formal education in University or Technical School in the field of health care.
Applicants must be of high scholastic standing in Grades 10, 11 and 12 (80% minimum), have demonstrated strong leadership in school and be very involved in community activities.
11. ANNE AND PETER FAMULAK MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP - $1,000.00
This scholarship is awarded to a graduating student who is continuing formal education in University or Technical School.
Applicants must be of high scholastic standing in Grades 10, 11 and 12 (80% minimum) and excel in high school sports.
12. Rail City Industries Humanitarian Scholarship- $100.00
Donated by Rail City Industries Foundation Inc., this scholarship is to be awarded to a student who is:
- Entering a post-secondary course of study in a human services field which would benefit adults with developmental disabilities.
- Furthering their education in a course of study that shall lead to employability in a rehabilitation environment working with adults with developmental disabilities.
13. ST. PETER'S HOSPITAL SCHOLARSHIPS
1. Joyce Schultz Scholarship - $200.00
This educational scholarship is awarded annually to high school graduates from the St. Peters Hospital District who are pursuing a career in health care. Applicants will be considered regardless of the type of educational institution they are enrolled in providing the career goal is health care related and acceptance to the program is assured. (This requires a separate application form. Ask at the Office.) Applications are due May 24, 2019
2. St. Peters Auxiliary Scholarship - $500.00
This educational scholarship is awarded annually to a Melville Comprehensive School graduate who is pursuing a career in health care. (This requires a separate application form. Ask at the Office.) Applications are due May 24, 2019
14. MELVILLE COMMUNITY WORKS ARTS BURSARY - $500.00
The Melville Arts Council is offering this bursary to a graduating student who will be pursuing further education within the Arts. Eligible programs would include: Visual Arts, Performing Arts, Theatrical Arts, Graphic Arts or Dance.
15. MCS GRAD 2011 AGRICULTURE SCHOLARSHIP - $400.00
Candidates must write a short essay stating their chosen area of study, as well as their agricultural background, and must be registered with a post-secondary institution.
In the case of more than one applicant, the most suitable candidate will be based on:
- greatest financial need
- farm related background i.e. involvement in 4-H, vet clinic volunteer, family farm
16. PEARL MCGONIGAL SCHOLARSHIP - $200.00
To be awarded to a graduating student who is continuing formal education in University or Technical School studying Business Administration or Information Technology.
17. DARCY ROBERT SCHMIDT Memorial Scholarship- $500.00
The Darcy Robert Schmidt Scholarship is a $500 scholarship to a Grade 12 student who is pursing Agriculture related post-secondary education in the fall of 2019.
The applicant must meet the following criteria.
- Proof of acceptance to a post-secondary institution for Agriculture related education
- Essay (one page or 1000 word) describing your hopes for the future of food production, and how new technology will assist in these endeavours.
Completed applications must be submitted by May 31, 2019 to the Melville Comprehensive School Office.
18. MELVILLE DANCE ASSOCIATION SCHOLARSHIP - $500.00
This scholarship is awarded to a graduate entering full time post-secondary education and who is a current member of the Melville Dance Association.
- Excellent attendance at dance classes
- Has shown dedication to the art of dance
- Academic merit