MCS Cobra Cross Country 2019
Who: All are welcome
No experience needed
Equipment Needed: a pair of running shoes
comfortable work out clothing
Practices: The first practice will be Wednesday, September 04, 2019 from 3:30 – 4:30 pm
Practice times will be determined at the first practice
- Athletes are asked to come to a minimum 3 practices every week, and need to do so in order to compete. See coaches if you need to make other arrangements.
- In order to attend Provincials, one meet must be competed in by the athlete.
GSSD Cross Country Meets are as follows: Note: Entry Fees are paid by school
- Thursday, Sept. 12/19 Cherrydale Run for Peace – Yorkton at Cherrydale Golf Course
- Monday, Sept 16/19 Deer Park Run – Yorkton at Deer Park Golf Course
- Friday, Sept 27/19 Autumn Summit – Saltcoats at the Regional park
- Thursday, Oct 3/19 East Central Districts - Yorkton at Cherrydale golf course
- Saturday, Oct 12/19 Provincials – Prince Albert, Prime Ministers Park Carlton Comprehensive
Non-School Meets: These meets will give the athletes a chance to compete on a different level and a variety of courses. Note: Entry Fees are to be paid by the Students
- Sunday, Sept 22/19 Prairie Summit at Buffalo Pound Prov Park
- Sunday, Sept 29/19 Colour Run at Yorkton's Yorkdale Central School
TBD Sunday, Oct 13/19 Deadfall 50 Trail Race at Echo Valley Prov Park by Fort Qu'Appelle
Note: Remember to stretch before starting your run and then again after the run.
This will help you stay flexible and help alleviate sore muscles.
Drink plenty of water THE DAY BEFORE and THE DAY of the RACE to hydrate yourself, to help you from cramping up. Chocolate milk is a great way to replenish your electrolytes after you run. Sport drinks tend to have a lot of sugar in them and are not recommended, unless you go with the new Gatorade Zero. Eat plenty of veggies and fruit, along with a balanced diet including protein, carbs and grains. A healthy diet will go far to fuel your runsJ Lol, without gas in your tank, you won't be able to perform at your best.
***Athletes are encouraged to pack their own lunches and snacks for Meets, but may purchase food there.
If you have any questions, please contact us via cell or email
Mr. Stuart Wilson 306-728-6972 firstname.lastname@example.org
Mr. Don Coleman 306-730-8602 email@example.com
Mr. Murray Kittleson 306-748-0010 firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs. Gwenda Strachan 306-730-7456 email@example.com
Cross Country is a demanding sport that involves a strenuous physical activity under a wide variety of conditions. Although reasonable precautions are taken to ensure the safety of the athletes, the possibility of injury does exist. We, therefore ask all athletes to complete and return the Athlete Information Form to one of the coaches before they are able to compete.