The final meeting of 2019 for the GSSD Board of Education took place on Thursday, December 19.
One of the highlights from the board was the Accountability Report.
Jason Trost, Superintendent of Human Resources, presented an accountability report regarding the function of Human Resources across the Good Spirit School Division. Trost identified that the primary function of Human Resources is to support the division's strategic plan by developing strategies and processes which build strong employee relationships while promoting a healthy, productive and engaged work environment aligned with the Foundational Statements of the Board.
Superintendent Trost unpacked the number of employees within each of the employee groups across the division. A review of the collective agreements was shared and who the representatives are within the school division for each of these groups.
Trost also highlighted that the Human Resources work plan for the 2019-20 school year focuses on the following areas:
- Implementation of a new Human Resource Information System Implementation (Atrieve);
- Refinement of the Performance Management for Senior leadership, Professional Service Providers and In-School Administrators;
- The recruitment of Educational Assistants & Bus Drivers;
- Employment Equity Plan for hiring individuals of visible minorities and disabilities;
- Revision and development of Administrative Procedures; and,
- Contract Negotiations impacting various employment groups.
To view the accountability report and the rest of the highlights from the board meeting:
Highlights from the Board