Good Spirit Student Services collaborate with schools teams and families to provide intervention, support, consulting, and assessment for the schools within the division. Our vision is to create a safe, healthy, and supportive learning environment for all students. At our schools you will see these team members working with classrooms, teachers, and peer groups to ensure "Learning Without Limits – Achievement for All."
The Student Services team celebrates diversity and works with schools to support learners in an inclusion model. We strive to ensure students come first and provide a variety of services which can be accessed through a conversation with the school team and a referral for Student Services.
Who's On Our Team
Educational Psychologists (Ed. Psych)
- Provide consultation, assessment and intervention supports for students. In collaboration with school teams Ed. Psychs develop program plans and small group support in the areas of executive functioning and behavioural development.
Occupational Therapist (OT)
- Supports student well being and strives to support developmental learning for all students so they can be successful in their individual lives. The range of an OT's day can vary from working to address challenges in mobility to sensory skills. The OT works closely with families to enhance programming and support.
Physical Therapist (PT)
- Works with the Occupational Therapist to provide specialize services specific to motor movement and mobility of intensive support students.
School Counsellors (SC)
- Works with school teams to enhance the learning environment by providing supports and intervention strategies that contribute to the overall health and wellness of the students. The school counsellors work closely with partner agencies to mobilize resources for families and students in a timely manner.
Speech Language Pathologists (SLP)
- Provide direct individual services for students as well as support classroom based interventions and targeted skill groups.
Speech Language Pathologists Assistants (SLPA)
- Work directly under the supervision of the SLPs to provide targeted supports for students throughout the division.
Student Services Consultants (SSC)
- Work closely with the Professional Service Providers and school teams to bring programming and resources to schools.
Student Support Teachers (SST)
- Coordinate services and programming in collaboration with the school team and the Professional Service Providers. SSTs will coordinate the supports within the school for students and families.
- Our Student Services team ensures your child's needs are met through goal setting and program planning aimed to provide educational and social opportunities for all children.