The Tell Them From Me (TTFM) survey is completed annually in the Spring. Grades 5-12 are asked to complete a survey that questions them about their school life. They also have the opportunity to comment on what they like about the school and what they think we could improve. We read through all of the comments and put together their thoughts into broad themes. We then meet as a school staff and come up with solutions/improvements to the school. The following themes emerged from this years TTFM survey with the improvement noted in bold:
1. The students said the water fountains were not good (broke and not working properly) - we are installing at least 2 water stations in the summer
2. The students said the school parking lot needs work (lots of potholes, no room to park) - facilities has been asked to look into extending student parking lot onto other side of the trees
3. The students said they wanted more technology, i.e, laptops - we purchased 20 chromebooks and 2 carts with the intention to purchase more chromebooks next school year
4. The students said they wanted new swings on the junior playground - have contacted a company to install an additional set of swings and are moving forward with the purchase
5. The students said the teacher/student relationships were key to your success - we have applied and have been accepted as one of nine schools in the province to the Ministry of Educations 'Following Their Voices' initiative that focuses on building student relationships.