MCS Cobra Cross Country 2017
Welcome to the MCS Cobra Cross Country Team!
This year's coaches are Mr. Wilson, Mr. Coleman and Mrs. Strachan. If you have any questions or concerns regarding cross country, please feel free to contact us at the school at 306-728-4181 or via text at 306-728-6972 (Mr. Wilson), 306-730-8602 (Mr. Coleman) or 306-730-7456 (Mrs. Strachan).
Practices and General Information:
Who: All are welcome; no experience needed. Come out and have fun running!
- Equipment needed: a pair of running shoes and comfortable work out clothing.
- Fees: Athletes fees for meets are paid for by the school.
- Meals and drinks: Athletes are encouraged to pack their own healthy lunches, drinks and
snacks for Meets, but may purchase food there. Drink plenty of water to hydrate yourself
throughout the day, especially prior to race day. Chocolate milk is a great way to replenish
your electrolytes after you run. Sports drinks tend to have a lot of sugar in them and are not
recommended. Eat plenty of veggies and fruit along with a balanced diet including protein,
carbs and whole grains. A healthy diet will go far to fuel your runsJ
- Practices: will be held as often as possible. A monthly calendar with dates and times will
handed out as soon as the team decides when they'd like to practice.
- Athletes wishing to change at the school must do so prior to practice as practices will start on
- Athletes are reminded to lock their belongings in their gym lockers to prevent theft.
- Athletes are meant to meet at the outdoor basketball courts on the north side of the school.
- Athletes wishing to compete in the cross country meets are strongly encouraged to attend all
practices with the team.
|Deer Park Cross-Country Monday September 18th |||||||||
|Drew Martinook||WeePee Girls||3K||13:53.36||2 / 27|
|Carter Dumelie||PeeWee Boys||3K||12:08.47||1 / 20|
|Tayten Sparvier-LaPierre||Bantam Boys||3K||17:50.35||11 / 13|
|Riley Glaicar||Midget Boys||3K||12:08.67||4 / 8|
| || || || || |
| || || || || |
Cross Country is a demanding sport that involves strenuous physical activity under a wide variety of conditions. Although reasonable precautions are taken to ensure the safety of the athletes, the possibility of injury does exist. We, therefore, ask all student athletes to complete and return the Athlete Information Form to Mr. Wilson, Mr. Coleman or Mrs. Strachan before they are allowed to compete!
Athlete Information Form 2016 (3).docx
MCS Cross Country Jacket Order Form.docx