- Decide to make your right turn well in advance of the turn. Signal, check your rear gate and check your blind spot. When safe, move as close to the right as possible.
- Check for traffic, pedestrians and other real potential hazards in or near the intersection. A basic left, straight ahead, right, left sweeping pattern will be sufficient.
- Slow down (and shift to a lower gear if you are in a manual transmission vehicle).
- Check again for real or potential hazards.
- If there are no potential hazards, complete your right turn into the first available driving lane.
View Animation - Right Turn 1